News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find news articles from across the organisation, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to community events and activities.
Helping others and being more involved
Ahead of International Volunteer Day on 5 December- we’d like to say a big thank you to all who’ve been (and still are) volunteering at the frontline of the COVID-19 response, addressing the challenges posed by the pandemic, making sure everyone’s safe, and being there in other ways for people and our planet.
Whether you’re making sure people are getting the essentials they need, preventing people from feeling lonely and isolated, or sharing your skills and experiences in different ways – we applaud your community contributions and social impact.
Volunteering inspires too. If you haven’t considered it before - it can help you make new friends, learn new skills, advance your career, and even feel healthier and happier.
If you’re thinking about volunteering and changing lives but you’re not sure where to begin, we recommend you contact Bolton CVS (Community and Voluntary Services). They have a really useful webpage here: www.boltoncvs.org.uk/volunteering-services.
Also, the team at Bolton CVS has reopened registration for Urgent Response Volunteers to support the rapid testing and vaccination against COVID-19.
Can you help to support this vital next phase of the pandemic?
As an Urgent Response Volunteer, you may be called upon to support activities such as COVID-19 testing site support, vaccination site support or vaccination enquiry phoneline support.
You don’t need to be a current volunteer to register. If you previously registered as an Urgent Response Volunteer but were not called upon, feel free to re-register.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to register or if you have any questions.
Want to get more involved with Bolton at Home?
We work with volunteers and support volunteer groups to build sustainable communities through local projects, activities, events and facilities. Thank you to everyone who has dedicated their time to helping others.
Between April 2019 and March 2020:
- 439 tenant volunteers got involved with Bolton at Home and 575 volunteers overall were involved in community projects or groups.
- 76 community groups and tenants’ and residents’ associations were supported by Bolton at Home.
- 69,124 hours were contributed by volunteers who run community groups, manage buildings or organise activities.
If you want to help improve services for tenants, there are different ways that you can get involved.
• Help improve your local community by joining a community group or tenants’ or residents’ association.
• Have a positive impact on our services to tenants and residents as a member of our customer-led Scrutiny Group.
• Take part in decision-making by applying to join our Operations Committee or Board when opportunities become available.
• Let us know how we’re doing by feeding back compliments, complaints or suggestions.
• Give us your views to help us improve our services and policies as a member of our Resident Voices Channel, our new customer involvement programme (www.boltonathome.org.uk/resident-voices-channel).
Like other organisations and groups we’re working a bit differently to be COVID safe at this time but, if you’re interested in getting more involved with Bolton at Home, please email our Community Investment Team at email@example.com.
We’re happy to comment on current housing and related issues.
For more information contact Andrew Pilkington, Marketing and Communications Manager, on 01204 329714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tap4 Latest Issue - released 14 September 2020
Tap4 is our digital publication for tenants and is released every quarter. It keeps you clued-up on the things we do to build and support our communities, puts a spotlight on the people and organisations that make Bolton brilliant, and is inspired by you.