What is Kickstart?
New job opportunities with Bolton at Home and partner organisations through the government’s Kickstart scheme.
These work placements are for six-months, 25 hours per week and will pay the real Living Wage rate, which is currently £9.50 per hour
Am I eligible to apply?
The government has introduced the Kickstart scheme in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. It provides employers with funding to create the job placements for people aged 24 and under receiving Universal Credit and who are at risk of long-term unemployment.
What help will I receive?
By joining us, you’ll also receive the following support to help you with future employment:
- One-to-one support whilst in work to help you sustain your role.
- Relevant training for the individual roles to enhance skills and your CV.
- A buddy within the team to support you in your role, as well as support from your line manager.
- One-to-one life coaching via our unique barrier busting service.
- A next steps meeting to plan your future after the placement ends, if you haven’t already moved into a more permanent role.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for any of the roles, please speak to your Work Coach. If you aren't sure who your Work Coach is you can send a journal message from your Universal Credit account.
We hope to announce more job opportunities through Kickstart in the near future and we’ll publish the latest information here.
If you’d like to read a news release about Kickstart placements with us and our business partners, please click here .
For more information about the real Living Wage, please click here: www.boltonathome.org.uk/bolton-at-home-news/real-living-wage--4685/