Our repairs service
Our repairs service is here to carry out essential repairs to your property. We have a team of operatives who cover emergencies, gas and electric jobs, roofing, plumbing and other building repairs.
If you need to contact us, please click here to see our opening times and contact details. We'll give you an appointment slot for many of the jobs we do, so please let us know if you can't make it.
Our repairs policy
Our repairs policy document contains information on these points:
- Which repairs are our responsibility and which are the tenant’s responsibility.
- How we prioritise repairs.
- What happens if there are special reasons we should prioritise a repair
- Which repairs might be dealt with by our planned programme
- Our out of hours service
- Rechargeable repairs
Revised repairs policy
Revised Repairs Policy from Friday 20 March 2020
You can download our most recent full repairs policy document below:
We’ve reviewed and updated our repairs policy, considering feedback from tenants and ensuring we comply with new legislation under the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018.
The policy changes that we’ve made will provide a better repairs service offer to tenants and help us to deliver quality affordable homes for all.
The key changes include us now:
- replacing all failed double glazing (changed from living rooms only);
- completing all emergency repairs within 2 or 24 hours (removing 12 hour and 3 day targets);
- repairing or replacing kitchen and bathroom doors;
- changing bulbs in kitchens and bathrooms;
- replacing broken fluorescent lights with LEDs;
- in void properties; completing refurbishment works before new tenants move in, installing extractor fans, and installing cloakroom basin units in downstairs bathrooms where space is available;
- and the policy document itself is also more comprehensive in its scope and reworded for clarity.
The Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 should result in better living standards across the social and private rented sector and give tenants more power to hold their landlord accountable when falling short of their responsibilities.
Get more information on our repairs service
Our repairs leaflet contains information on who is responsible for which repairs:
If you're looking to do repairs yourself, please read the general conditions and complete the tenants permission form:
Then return it to us by:
- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to: Bolton at Home, 98 Waters Meeting Road, Bolton, BL1 8SW
- hand, in person at your local housing office or UCAN centre
Or you can fill out the online form here (form opens in new window):Tenants permission application form