News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find our most recent news articles, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to new community initiatives and activities.
Local kids (and their parents/guardians) star in a new feature film: Family Fun Food
Pond dipping, arts and crafts, a roving disco, and food growing: we're not even scratching the surface here.
These are just some of the things kids (and adults) got up to at nine 'Family Fun Food' locations we'd set up across the borough during the summer holidays, made possible thanks to our Community Investment Team's close work with local community/volunteer groups and organisations.
In this short film, you'll get a flavour of some of the activities that took place in Tonge Moor, Breightmet, Westhoughton, Daubhill, and Johnson Fold- all whilst kids and adults enjoyed free packed lunches (regardless of whether they were entitled to free school meals).
Throughout August, a total of 1170 kids and their parents/guardians benefitted from these activities, with 2310 lunches handed out to those that paid us a visit.
"It's nice to see people that don't know each other coming together".
"Over the past 18 months, parents have been these kids' teachers, their chefs, their everything- so even if we're able to give parents just a little bit of a break- we're happy."
"The great thing is that they're getting fed whilst they're here, too."
"It's about getting people back in touch with nature, especially as a lot of us can feel quite isolated with TVs, computers, and modern technology.""We've also got good evidence of families continuing to do these things together after these events"
A massive thank-you to everyone involved- including filmmaker Ed Pink who'd captured some of the highlights in this short film. You've helped to create summertime memories that'll last a lifetime.
Latest TAP4 issue
In this issue:
- Friendly faces in familiar places - Bolton Manbassadors
- Tips from Tom to help with rising energy costs
- Be aware of doorstep fraudsters
- Your home repairs - we're getting back on track
- Introducing Aptem
- How we're improving our complaints system
- Support for Bolton's street homeless - Hope for Change
- A fresh start - giving support to people leaving hospital
- Our staff talk you through Air Source Heat Pumps
- "Money Advice has been an absolute lifelife"
- Recognise your community heroes - Stars of the Community Awards 2022
- Providing opportunities for young people
Your latest Quarter Turn issue
Your latest Quarter Turn issue:
Each quarter, we send our printed Quarter Turn magazine to 4,800 customers living in our sheltered and extra care schemes, those receiving Careline and living in our general let and over 70s in our general let.