News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find our most recent news articles, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to new community initiatives and activities.
National Customer Service Week
Thank you. This National Customer Service Week, we want to say again how we’ve really appreciated your patience and understanding as we adapted to the challenges of the last 19 months.
And thanks to those who pulled out all the stops to react to a completely new situation and threat to public safety virtually overnight to support those in need during the pandemic and keep essential services running throughout.
Alongside other members of the Bolton Family and volunteers, many of our staff did their jobs and also took on extra roles to help the humanitarian response such as providing emergency food and promoting public health.
Restrictions also required many of us to work from home, shield and self-isolate, so we worked hard to minimise the disruption to services. We needed to change how we ran emergency services to always be there for you if you needed us, while trying to protect everyone from getting or passing on coronavirus.
With access to building materials and other resources limited too, we needed to focus them on emergency repairs and vital safety checks of your homes.
Fortunately, following the easing of COVID-19 restrictions in July, we’ve gradually and successfully been able to reopen more of our non-emergency services and get back to delivering services fully.
We’re confident the pandemic won’t disrupt our services as much going forward, but we need to keep respecting and protecting each other’s safety along the way.
We’re very sorry if you expected a service from us and we had to postpone it. Please keep supporting us as we continue to work through the backlog of less urgent repairs. Keeping you, other tenants, and our staff all as safe as possible is our number one priority.
From April to August 2021, we handled 55,556 phone calls into our Multi Channel Contact Centre. We’ll do our best to help you as quickly as we can on our main 01204 328000 phone number and we’re sorry if you find it takes longer to reach us than normal due to the volume of calls.
Different ways to contact us
Here’s a reminder of the different ways you can contact us for support if you need it and give us feedback:
- Phone us on 01204 328000.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our Live Chat service, in the bottom right corner of our website.
- Direct message us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Contact one of our UCAN centre teams online, by phone or in person- full details at: www.boltonathome.org.uk/ucan
- Our Valley House reception is open for pre-arranged visits. Please contact us by phone or online to make an appointment.
- You can find more contact details and a customer feedback form here: www.boltonathome.org.uk/contact-us
Just in case you didn’t already know, our UCAN centre teams are available for in-person support again, for matters including:
- Help with housing issues and benefits
- Support with job searching and CVs
- Help with money matters
- Health and wellbeing advice
- Access to other support services.
For a full list of our UCAN centres, ways to contact our teams, and opening days and times, please visit: www.boltonathome.org.uk/ucan
Customer service and complaints handling course
Doing this with us won’t cost you a penny.
The course is designed to give you the confidence and skills to communicate effectively with customers, particularly if you're looking for a job in customer services.
It’s a six-hour course split into two hour sessions that run over three consecutive days.
Please email email@example.com for more details and to register your interest. Or visit our Customer Training Programme page: www.boltonathome.org.uk/customer-training-programme for more information.
Latest TAP4 issue
In this issue:
- Friendly faces in familiar places - Bolton Manbassadors
- Tips from Tom to help with rising energy costs
- Be aware of doorstep fraudsters
- Your home repairs - we're getting back on track
- Introducing Aptem
- How we're improving our complaints system
- Support for Bolton's street homeless - Hope for Change
- A fresh start - giving support to people leaving hospital
- Our staff talk you through Air Source Heat Pumps
- "Money Advice has been an absolute lifelife"
- Recognise your community heroes - Stars of the Community Awards 2022
- Providing opportunities for young people
Your latest Quarter Turn issue
Your latest Quarter Turn issue:
Each quarter, we send our printed Quarter Turn magazine to 4,800 customers living in our sheltered and extra care schemes, those receiving Careline and living in our general let and over 70s in our general let.