News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find our most recent news articles, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to new community initiatives and activities.
If you think you could benefit from our Tom’s energy advice- you probably could
Our tenant Jean (name changed) thought Tom could help, so she got in touch (using 07782 522498**).
Jean raised concerns over an unexpected £600+ bill she’d received (following a takeover of her previous energy supplier), so, Tom arranged a home visit to work things out.
After assisting with a three-way call, submitting up-to-date meter readings, and disputing the balance- it wasn’t long before he’d helped reduce Jean’s arrears to zero.
Tom (who works as an Energy Advisor for our social enterprise subsidiary, Starts with you) will do his best to support you, whether it’s help with a bill being higher than expected, finding ways to reduce your energy costs, or something else energy-related- even while the current energy market means switching suppliers isn’t really practical right now.
**After you contact him on that number above (or using firstname.lastname@example.org), he’ll look to provide:
- tips to reduce energy costs (while keeping things warm during the colder months),
- advice on the best tariffs,
- help to apply for Winter Fuel Payments,
- support with energy disputes,
- and- where possible- more tailored support based on your circumstances.
If it’s more than just energy bills you’re (or someone else’s) concerned with, our Money Advice Team’s here for you, too. See how they can help with a range of money matters, and find their contact details at: www.boltonathome.org.uk/money-advice-team.
Latest TAP4 issue
In this issue:
- Friendly faces in familiar places - Bolton Manbassadors
- Tips from Tom to help with rising energy costs
- Be aware of doorstep fraudsters
- Your home repairs - we're getting back on track
- Introducing Aptem
- How we're improving our complaints system
- Support for Bolton's street homeless - Hope for Change
- A fresh start - giving support to people leaving hospital
- Our staff talk you through Air Source Heat Pumps
- "Money Advice has been an absolute lifelife"
- Recognise your community heroes - Stars of the Community Awards 2022
- Providing opportunities for young people
Your latest Quarter Turn issue
Your latest Quarter Turn issue:
Each quarter, we send our printed Quarter Turn magazine to 4,800 customers living in our sheltered and extra care schemes, those receiving Careline and living in our general let and over 70s in our general let.