Shared ownership: your rights and responsibilities
The bullet points below highlight the main responsibilities for the shared owner and Bolton at Home. Please refer to your lease for your exact responsibilities.
Bolton at Home is responsible for:
- Arranging building insurance**
You are responsible for:
- **Paying the building insurance contribution
- Keeping your home in good repair and condition
- Having your gas regularly serviced and tested
- Not sub-letting your home
- Not causing annoyance or inconvenience to neighbours
- Not carrying out any trade or business from your property
- Not making any alterations/improvements to the property without consent from Bolton at Home
- Paying any rent and/or service charges
- Using your home as a single private property for residential use only
- Insuring the contents of the property.